Emergency Medical Educators Symposium in Sacramento
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Cosumnes River College, Classroom T-115
8401 Center Parkway
Sacramento, CA 95823
Over 67 EMS educators and providers attended. The symposium was open to all EMS professionals and educators to facilitate an open dialog about improving EMS education in California. It provided an opportunity to talk and network with other EMS professionals in Northern California. The goal of this leadership conference is to benefit our students and improve student learning outcomes. Three hours of continuous education provided for all attendees of the conference (CE Provider number 34-3300) and a hot catered lunch with roundtable discussion concluded the symposium.
1. California EMS Regulations update (Adam Morrill & Laura Little California EMSA)
2. EMS Internships (Derek Parker Program Director of CSUS EMS program)
3. Integrating Effective Evaluations in Student Assessment (Art Hsieh – Director, Paramedic Academy EMC Program, Santa Rosa Junior College
4. EMS and Public Health Care (Zachary Weiner – Director of Training of Healthcare and Public Safety Education)
5. EMS Education Standards (Chris Thos. Ryther Professor of Paramedic Department at American River College)
Please feel free to post comments or questions or start a discussion thread about the symposium below.
Thanks to our sponsors: